Telecommunication Service means service of any description provided by means of any transmission, reception of signals by wire, radio, optical, or other electromagnetic
means or systems, including the related transfer or assignment of the right to use capacity for such transmission, or reception by a company that has been
granted a licence under The Telecommunications Act 2006 (as amended 2009).
Telecommunications Services include the following:
- Fixed telephone services including provision of access to and use of the public switched telephone network for the transmission and switching of voice, data and video, inbound and outbound telephone service to and from national and international destinations;
- Cellular mobile telephone services including provision of access to and use of switched or non-switched networks for the transmission of voice, data and video, inbound and outbound roaming service to and from national and international destinations.
- Carrier services including provision of wired or wireless facilities to originate, terminate or transit calls, charging for interconnection, settlement or termination of domestic or international calls.
- Internet telecommunication service includes
- Internet backbone services,
- Internet access services
The processes of applying for any telecommunication service authorization or license are listed below:
- Applicant must obtain, complete and submit the relevant application forms together with relevant documents for Application of Telecommunication Licences or Authorizations and the complete non-refundable Application Fee.
- The NATCOM will acknowledge in writing, receipt of the application within five days.
- The NATCOM will evaluate the application and respond to the applicant within sixty days.